Saturday, October 11, 2014

The beginning...

Recently I decided to embark on a journey that will forever change my life. I made the decision to undergo a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy also known as VSG or Gastric Sleeve surgery. I made this decision not only because I have struggled with my weight all of my teenage years and all of my adult life, but because I was tired of being unhappy with myself. So before any more time can be wasted on failed attempts, I made this decision to become a better version of me.

My surgery is fast approaching. 6 more days! eek! and I'm on my 3rd day of the dreaded pre-op liquid diet and let me tell you.. day 1 I thought I was going to crack! I was emotional, hungry. Starving! but thanks to a much needed very large bottle of water with a can of chicken broth and the encouragement of my boyfriend and mother, I made it through. Day 2 was hard but not AS hard as day 1. I woke up feeling starved! so my boyfriend got up and brought me a protein shake. About 10 minutes after finishing I felt like a new person!

Today, Day 3 has been the best. My body doesn't feel its in shock as it did compared to day 1 and 2. It's still hard but I don't feel as cranky as I did the past 2 days, but I do feel a bit emotional today. Ever since I made the VSG decision I've been riding this roller coaster ride of emotions. One day I feel like wonder woman, I can do this and nothing and nobody can stop me! The next day I'm a puddle, questioning my decision and thinking of all the possible things that could go wrong. It's been crazy! But as I explore forums and other blogs I am relieved, thank goodness, that I'm not the only one who rides this crazy train.

Over all, I'm happy with my decision and look forward to my future and can't wait to look back on my journey and see how far I've come and how much further I'll be able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment